Pageviews past week

Monday, June 17, 2013

Another volatile session as the Dow gained 109 points on light volume.  The advance/declines were 2 to 1 positive.  Waiting on the Fed.  I did check the previous times the McClellan oscillator moved as it has in the past couple of weeks during this move lower.  It is forecasting higher prices near term.  However the technicals here are mixed for sure.  Some are very bullish, while others are quite bearish.  Interesting times to be sure.  I'm going to lean towards higher prices going forward but nothing spectacular or as sustained as we have previously seen this year.  I do believe that we are building a top for lower prices in the months ahead for the stock indices.  I could be wrong.  GE was up 1/4 and the volume was OK.  I'm now looking at the GE July calls on the prognosis that we move past the $24 level here in the next 5 weeks.  This strategy fits in with my overall assumption of higher equity prices near term.  We'll see.  Gold was off a few bucks on the futures and the US dollar was a bit lower as well.  The XAU was up 1/2.  ABX, GG and NEM had slight fractional moves one way or the other on light volume.  My October ABX calls are now slightly in the red.  Waiting on the Fed here as well but I don't know that what is said on Wednesday will propel gold any higher form here.  It appears that we are simply in a base building period for now.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  I'd expect tomorrow to be a light volume wait and see affair.  I'm not sure what to expect on Wednesday.  4 days to go in the June option cycle.  I'll be keeping an eye on GE for an entry point on the July options.  Of course that idea could change depending on the market going forward as well.  Gold is still going nowhere.  We'll see if the foreign markets respond to todays positive US action and go from there.   

No comments: