Pageviews past week

Tuesday, March 05, 2019

A sideways session after yesterdays fireworks as the Dow lost 13 points on average volume.  The advance/declines were slightly negative.  The summation index is moving sideways.  Not much to say about today as we simply moved back and forth.  No real news to report either.  Waiting on Fridays employment report.  I don't have any SPY trades in mind at the moment but I will say if we continue to drift lower I'll look at the calls for expiration week.  GE lost 1/2 on very heavy volume.  The up trend line from the end of December has been broken there.  Gold was up a buck as the US dollar continued higher.  The XAU and GDX had slight fractional gains on light volume.  Still holding on to the 50 day moving average and the recent up trend line for GDX.  The short term technical indicators are oversold but I just can't bring myself to buy the calls here.  However if there was any time to give it a try, now is it.  I may place an order overnight but it will require some downside to get filled.  My hesitation includes the fact that gold has broken its up trend line and if it breaks $1280 there is no support.  Also support for silver comes in below $15 and we are not there yet.  The weak seasonal time period for the precious metals is also a factor but that hasn't worked for me lately.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  The VIX calmed down today but that can change in a flash as we saw on Monday.  Rut looks like it's starting to roll over.  TRAN already has.  Those are not positive signs.  The S&P for the moat part is just moving sideways here.  So I suppose I will be careful here for a change and perhaps take a closer look at the gold shares overnight.  Asia was lower and Europe higher in last nights trade.  We'll keep an eye on the overnight headlines and go from there.

No comments: