Pageviews past week

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

A Fed induced rally as the Dow gained 74 points on light volume.  The advance/declines were 4 to 1 positive.  The summation index continues higher.  New highs for some indices for the move since the lows seen in February.  Breadth turned around to be pretty good.  I still expect more upside into the expiration.  The only warning sign here is the light volume that we've seen this week.  The Fed was dovish and we got the normal reaction.  Still overbought here though but that has been the case for quite some time.  No SPY trades in the making.  GE was off 1/8 and the volume remains light.  No trades for me here either.  Gold took off after the Fed as the US dollar dropped.  The precious metal futures were up over $30 in the aftermarket as the dollar dropped a point.  The XAU soared 4 2/3, while GDX gained 1 1/3.  Volume was very heavy.  Perhaps the recent sideways activity in this sector is all the decline that we are going to see for now.  Evidently this is where you would have wanted to be before the Fed.  Hindsight is never wrong.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  Not much else to say here as I'm waiting for a set up to trade.  The SPY April puts are on my radar but we will have to let this week pass first.  Although we got the rally on an easy Fed it wasn't the robust type that we've seen in the past.  I'm not sure if that means anything or I'm just trying to read something into it because I want to get some index puts.  So I'm still in a wait and see mode.  It isn't always easy to be patient but it is required at times.  Foreign markets were mixed overnight.  We'll see how they react to the Fed tonight.   

No comments: