Pageviews past week

Monday, October 10, 2011

The Dow took off to the upside today on good news from Europe as we gained 330 points on light volume. The advance/declines were 10 to 1 positive. It was a partial holiday for Columbus Day which probably explains the light volume. The summation index will now be trending higher. The decline is now over in my opinion. My OEX puts are dead. I'll be taking the loss tomorrow which I really should have done today. Declines can be bought from now on. GE rose 2/3 on lighter volume. We've made it through the 50 day moving average and are at the top of the congestion zone. We should break through to the upside shortly. Gold was up $35 on the futures and a bit more in the aftermarket. The US dollar got slammed today on the good news out of Europe. The XAU gained 6 1/3. ABX up 1 1/3, GG rose 1 1/4 and NEM led the way higher by 2 1/8. Volume was extremely light here. I'd still like to get some gold share calls for November on a pullback. Mentally I'm feeling OK. I still have to open orders in for the January GE calls and the November ABX calls. I'll be leaving them in for now. Not happy about the OEX put trade but you take your chances sometimes in the game. We will most likely simply be going higher from here. Fed beige book out tomorrow and that's about it for news. We'll see what kind of follow through we get tomorrow.

No comments: