Pageviews past week

Monday, October 17, 2011

We started expiration off to the downside as the Dow lost 247 points on light volume. The advance/declines were about 5 to 1 negative. European worries surfaced once again. I do not think that this is the start of something big to the downside. We were both short and medium term overbought, so some type of pullback is expected here. I still believe that the trend has changed and we will eventually be heading higher. GE fell 1/3 on light volume. Earnings out on Friday. I'd still like the January calls there and will purchase them if the price gets into my range. Gold fell $6 as the US dollar was higher today. Probably due to the European fears being rekindled. The XAU dropped 5 points. ABX off a buck, GG down 1 1/3 and NEM lost 2/3. Volume light here as well. I placed an order for some ABX November calls and I'm leaving it in overnight. I'd like to be holding calls when the earnings are announced next week. We're overbought here so some decline is in order. We'll see. Mentally I'm feeling OK, slept good enough. A pretty good decline to start the week. The stock indices have risen up to the top of their congestion zones. Some hesitation is expected here but I do believe higher prices are in the offing. Declines can be bought in my opinion. I am frequently wrong though. The summation index is still heading higher even with todays decline. Plenty of economic data and earnings coming up this week. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: