Pageviews past week

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Back to the downside as the Dow fell 207 points on average volume. The advance/declines were almost 5 to 1 negative. Some consolidation can be expected here as we have been moving higher for 3 weeks or so. I do not think it's the beginning of something big to the downside. I could be wrong and often am. But this time, I believe that today is a pause in a continuing uptrend. The summation index continues higher. Still waiting on European news tomorrow. GE fell 1/4 on average volume. It's just a waiting game here for me. The January calls are the plan and the purchase time is when this issue gets oversold. Not there yet. Gold was the story of the day as it surged about $50 on the futures despite the dollar being higher as well. The XAU gained 2 3/4 but was higher before losing ground at the end of the day, following the overall market. ABX gained 7/8, GG up 1 3/8 and NEM rose a buck. Volume picked up which supports the bullish cause here. These issues were higher on the day as well but fell off late. My ABX calls have made it into the black. However ABX is lagging both GG and NEM here and that isn't positive. I'm still holding out for the earnings on Thursday morning. That could be the time to dump them for whatever they're worth. We'll see. We're not overbought here yet and I may hold onto them longer than I expected. Mentally I'm a bit tired, did not sleep enough. We had a big day in the price of gold but the gold shares didn't move as much as I'd like. We'll see how that plays out going forward. The stock indices are waiting on Europe. What happens when that's over? I still believe that we're heading higher regardless. We'll see what the news is tomorrow and the markets reaction to it.

No comments: