Pageviews past week

Thursday, October 06, 2011

The rally continues and seems to be for real at this point. The Dow gained 183 points today on average volume. The advance/declines were 6 to 1 positive. Todays action will turn the summation index back to the upside. I went down to a lower strike price and purchased some OEX puts near the close. That was the game plan and I stuck to it but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work based on the recent market action. However it will all depend on the markets reaction to tomorrows jobs report. We've worked off the oversold condition and some of the technicals are back at the levels that have begun the down moves. So we'll see what happens. GE rose 1/4 on average volume. Almost to the 50 day moving average line that has been resistance. I'm leaving in the order for the January calls. Gold gained over $10 on the futures as the US dollar was weaker again today. The XAU rose 4 3/4. ABX up 1 1/2, GG climbed 1 3/4 and NEM higher by a buck. Volume was average. It really looks like I missed out on a good opportunity here as both ABX and GG have risen well over 10% in the span of 3 days. I'm leaving in the open order for the November ABX calls but doubt it will get filled at the price that I want. My hope now is for some backing and filling in the gold shares to get long. May not happen. Mentally I'm feeling OK. Still 2 weeks to go in the October option cycle. All eyes will be on tomorrows employment report. So far it seems to me that we have had a huge snap back from the lows on Tuesday in the stock indices. If we continue to rally tomorrow, I'd say that the recent decline has run its course. If not, who knows? I'll be hoping that gold returns to its recent lows but hope is no way to trade. We'll see what the market reaction is to the employment news and take it from there.

No comments: