Pageviews past week

Thursday, August 05, 2010

The Dow traded in negative territory all day and closed with a loss of 5 points. Advance/declines were negative and the volume was light as usual. Today was a waiting game for tomorrows employment report. We are overbought but that doesn't mean that we can't stay there. I'm undecided about what to do here so I'm remaining on the sidelines as far as the OEX is concerned. Perhaps next week or later in the month. Gold was up $3 and the XAU was little changed. ABX and GG were little changed as well, while NEM rose 3/8. Volume was extremely light here as well. The dollar just hung around today as well. If we get a pullback in the gold shares, I'll try the September ABX calls. Otherwise it is too late for now in my opinion. So it's time to be patient. Mentally I'm feeling OK. So we'll digest the employment report and go from there. 2 weeks and a day left on the August option cycle. I don't anticipate any trades for me in the August cycle but we'll see how things develop. Volume is very light and that is a problem discerning what is really going on. But that won't stop me from making a trade if a decent signal appears. However there is nothing wrong with sitting things out for now.

No comments: