Pageviews past week

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Dow lost 74 points today on light volume. Advance/declines were 2 to 1 negative. GDP revision tomorrow. There just are not a lot of buyers and I have yet to see a short covering rally. Summation index continues lower. I still have in an open order in for some OEX September puts but it doesn't look like it will be filled anytime soon. I'm a bit frustrated about not catching this down move but I believe that if I remain patient there will be a chance to do so before the September expiration. Gold lost $3 today but the XAU rose 3 points. ABX up 1, GG up 1 1/3 and NEM up 3/4. Again, the September gold share calls are something that I should already be in. ABX is poised to break above $47 soon. Volume is picking up to the upside. I think there is a chance that when everyone returns in a week or so that they will pile into the precious metal as a safe haven play. I'm leaving in the order for the ABX September calls. Mentally I'm trying to remain positive despite missing these moves. It isn't easy. I'm still convinced that we are going lower in the OEX for the September option cycle. Sooner or later there should be a decent snap back rally and that would provide the opportunity that I'm waiting for. It hasn't happened so far. As for the gold shares, the Gold/XAU ratio is out of the buy zone. The next time it gets there I'll be purchasing some gold share calls. It may be too late though. On to Friday.

No comments: