Pageviews past week

Friday, August 13, 2010

The Dow lost 17 points today on very summer light volume. Advance/declines were negative. The overall market was weaker than the Dow. The market bounced around and closed practically on its low for the day. I took a chance here and bought some OEX calls near the close. I had an open order in for most of the session and it got filled near the end of trading. I'm still expecting some type of bounce on Monday but if we don't get one, then I'll know the market is even weaker here than I thought. This should be a quick trade if it works. The stop loss order is in. Gold was flat on the day but the XAU lost 1 3/4. ABX lost 1/4, GG down 1/2 and NEM fell a buck. Volume very light here as well. The dollar had a bit of strength today. The Gold/XAU ratio is in the buy zone. I'm bouncing back and forth as whether to get the September gold share calls. The weekly charts look bullish but the daily charts not so much. I'll have to go over things again this weekend. Mentally I'm a bit tired, could have slept more. Short term oversold here and I do expect some upside. However the summation index is heading lower and the major trend is now down in my humble opinion. I'll be looking to get some September OEX puts at some point here in the near future. The problem is that it is still summer and the volume is pathetic. Things can easily be moved around or just go nowhere. Expiration week coming up so we'll see how it goes. I'll check the charts over the weekend and be ready for Monday morning. However it could just be a slow summer Monday. We'll see. It's a summer weekend and time for a rest.

1 comment:

Greg Thurston said...

Good Luck on your trade!