Pageviews past week

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

The Dow gained 44 points on light volume. Advance/declines were almost 3 to 1 positive. Summation index continuing higher. Employment report on Friday. I'm thinking about getting some OEX puts tomorrow. We are just above the 200 day moving average line on the S&P 500 and stalling. If we break out to the upside there will be a lot of room to go. However if we fail here, it's possible that a top has been put in. That said I will ponder this idea tonight. Breadth has been very good on this uptrend but the volume hasn't. Gold had a good day, up almost $10 on the futures. The XAU rose 3 2/3. ABX and GG were both up over a buck, while NEM gained 3/4. Volume was light here as well. ABX has shown good relative strength here. If I do try the gold share calls, ABX will be the choice. The dollar was stronger today but gold rose anyway. The dollar/gold relationship has not made much sense lately. This could just be light volume summer gyrations of no consequence. I don't know. Mentally I'm feeling good, slept well. So I'm thinking of putting on a trade but I'm not quite sold on exactly what to do here. I will need to make sure that I'm not trading just to do something. That I'm not trading out of boredom or just for the sake of making a trade. I'll go over things tonight and come up with a plan for tomorrow. Perhaps remaining on the sidelines will be the best course of action after all.

No comments: