Pageviews past week

Monday, August 16, 2010

It was a light volume Monday as the Dow lost a point. The advance/declines were positive. The market gapped down at the open and hit my stop loss order. So it was a 50% loss in a matter of 15 market minutes. That can happen. Not a lot of money involved but a loss none the less. I still expect upside and soon. Oversold both short and medium term. I'll now simply focus on the September OEX puts. However the slowness of the summer could be a problem. Gold continues to be the place to be as it gained $10. The XAU rose 2 1/2. ABX and GG gained 3/4, while NEM rose a buck. Volume continues extremely light here as well. But you cannot ignore the price movement. I really think it's too late for the September gold share calls at this point but we'll see. If the market does take the drop I'm expecting, the gold shares will go with it. Another missed opportunity? Time will tell. Mentally I'm feeling pretty good despite todays loss. It would not surprise me to see a solid upside day tomorrow with the current oversold condition. I thought about perhaps trying the OEX calls again today but did not. The next trade will be the OEX puts. The timing will have to be good because things will probably remain slow until around Labor day. It won't be easy. However I've been waiting all summer to put on this trade and if correct it will have been worth the wait.

No comments: