Pageviews past week

Monday, August 23, 2010

Another day, another downer as the Dow lost 39 points on very light volume. We opened higher and closed lower which isn't a bullish sign. Advance/declines were negative. Summation index heading lower. Oversold and staying there. It is like a broken record. Real estate data out tomorrow and it can't possibly be good. I'd still like to get the OEX September puts but I have to see some type of bounce. The light volume is a problem as well as I've mentioned before. So we'll see. Gold lost a buck today and the XAU fell 2 1/4. ABX, GG and NEM all had around 1/2 point or more losses on extremely light volume. The dollar was up a touch. Gold futures expire this week and that could skew things short term. Almost back to a buy signal on the Gold/XAU ratio. I don't think I'll be getting any gold share calls but you never know. We are working off the overbought conditions there. Mentally I'm doing OK. It's the end of the summer so the major market players are still on vacation. That makes it tough to step up to the plate here as well. The continued oversold nature of the stock indices could turn into a real problem if we don't see any upside soon. We are overdue for some type of positive move. I'll keep an eye on things and see how it goes for now.

No comments: