Pageviews past week

Monday, August 09, 2010

A summer doldrums Monday as the Dow gained 45 points on extremely light volume. Advance/declines were over 2 to 1 positive. Waiting on the Fed announcement tomorrow. Summation index continues higher. All indications are for the market to move higher. I have no OEX trades in mind right now. Gold lost a couple bucks and the XAU was flat. ABX, GG and NEM had fractional moves one way or the other on very light volume. The dollar had a slight gain today. If we get a pullback in the gold shares I will probably try the September ABX calls. But that remains to be seen. Mentally I'm doing OK, slept well. 9 days left in the August option cycle. I don't foresee anything happening in the near future to bring me off of the sidelines. I still would like to get some OEX puts when I feel the time is right. The rally in the stock market has been on light volume and I simply do not trust it. I could be wrong and often am. Perhaps market forces can keep things going up until Labor day. But unless the volume picks up I will not be a believer. We'll see what the Fed has to say tomorrow.

No comments: