Pageviews past week

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Back to the downside as the Dow lost 144 points on average volume. Advance/declines were over 3 to 1 negative. Volume was average. The economic data was weak today and gave the market a reason to sell off. Todays action should send the summation index lower again. We are oversold still and the bounce we had was anemic. Perhaps things are even weaker than I thought. I canceled my open order for the September OEX puts. My price would not be filled. I'm still a believer in that idea though and will be putting in another order soon. Gold was up $4 today but the XAU fell 1 1/2. ABX and GG were down 3/8, while NEM dropped a buck. Volume was light as it has been. The dollar had a bit of strength. Gold is overbought but it has seen some interest since the beginning of the month. The September calls still might be in play for me if we get oversold in the next week or so. But it's probably too late. Weak volume on the rise also. Mentally I'm doing OK, slept well enough. The stock index charts need to hold up here or we will be heading lower. Perhaps yesterday was the last chance to get the September puts at a decent price. Time will tell. Todays market reaction to the data wasn't bullish. Often times it's not the data itself but what the market does afterward that tells the story. I suppose I'll keep looking at the September OEX puts for a buy point.

No comments: