Pageviews past week

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Opened higher and closed lower as the Dow lost 115 points. Advance/declines were 3 to 1 negative and the volume was good. Summation index still heading lower. The market just isn't going to cooperate for me to try the OEX puts. We are headed lower but subject to a bounce at any time. The risk of trying the OEX puts at this point probably outweigh the reward. We'll see but I don't think I'll be trying it. We are oversold but I would have to see a move back to the daily down trend line to chance the OEX puts. I don't see that happening in the next 3 days. Gold lost $13 on the futures but came back a bit in the aftermarket. The XAU lost 1 1/4. ABX was flat, GG lost 1/4 and NEM fell a buck. Volume was average. My ABX May calls are still at a loss. This is a trade that doesn't feel like it is going to work. The dollar is soaring and that is keeping a lid on the price of gold. I'll really need to be ready to dump this trade tomorrow. We did hold the daily up trend line in ABX today but any weakness tomorrow will break it. We'll see what happens overnight. Mentally I'm tired, did not sleep well or enough. The market cannot get any traction here and I am expecting lower prices going into the end of the week. But anything can happen in such a short time frame. My focus will be on ABX and the price of gold. If we get any type of strength early, I'll have to get rid of those calls. It looks from here that it will be a cut the loss trade. 3 days left in the May option cycle.

No comments: