Pageviews past week

Monday, May 24, 2010

The Monday following option expiration is usually the opposite of what happens on the expiration itself. Today was no exception as the Dow lost 126 points on light volume. Advance/declines were negative. We are oversold and staying there for now which could be dangerous for the bullish cause. Due for some type of bounce though. The VIX was lower but so were prices and that doesn't add up as well. We are weak and there is no getting around that. I'm still pondering the GE calls for June but haven't made up my mind just yet. On the sidelines for now. Gold had a good day, up $18 on the futures. The XAU was flat. Another example of things just not adding up here. ABX, GG and NEM were all little changed after being higher early on. Volume was light. Still a buy signal on the Gold/XAU ratio. But when we have gold itself up almost twenty bucks and the gold shares don't do anything, it's time for caution I think. The dollar had a pretty good day as well. That doesn't mean that I won't try the gold share calls here but I'll have to let a base build first. Mentally I'm a bit tired, did not sleep well. End of the month coming up this week and a holiday weekend. Summation index still heading lower. Is there any reason to buy stocks here? I certainly don't know. Key support comes in at around 1060 for the S&P 500 in my opinion. I don't have a good idea of what to do here even after going over things this weekend. So I'll most likely sit it out this week. Maybe I'll see something going over the charts tonight but I feel it's time to be cautious. Option premiums are high as well. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: