Pageviews past week

Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Dow got slammed again, down 311 points. Advance/declines were 10 to 1 negative. The volume numbers I'm getting are incredible so I will wait to see if they are correct. Is the decline over? Who knows? I guess the collapse started before I thought it would. That said we are blown out to the downside. There is support for the OEX at 680, today we got to 682. If 680 doesn't hold then the real downside will begin. My guess is that it will hold for now and break later but that is just a guess. Something is going on as there is a worldwide liquidation in progress. Everything gets sold. We'll see what happens. Gold got killed again, down over $11. NEM lost 1 3/4, ABX 1 1/4 and the XAU off 6. The calls I bought got slammed. Normally I'd just dump them but these aren't normal times. We'll get some type of snap back in the next few days and I'll cut the loss. This trade isn't going to work, I don't think the earnings matter anymore due to the market we are in at the moment. But you never know. GE was down on heavy volume. But everything was down. Mentally I'm doing OK. There will be trading opportunities galore for the August cycle. Capitalizing on them will be another story. There's no summer vacation this year, that's for sure. So we'll see what happens. I'll be looking for a snap back rally in the next couple of days because we are that blown out. What happens after that will be the key. Hopefully we'll hold up but there are no guarantees. It won't be boring, that's for sure...

No comments: