Pageviews past week

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Dow dropped 148 points today on heavy volume. Advance/declines were 3 to 1 negative. I expected a pullback but not like this. There were a couple of stock earnings warnings, Big Ben gave a speech and the sub-prime lending woes resurfaced. The summation index might be turning down again. I was looking at perhaps getting the GE calls for July. GE was off 3/4. It is getting oversold. If the earnings are decent on Friday, the calls might work. But a day like today kind of throws me for a loop. So I will probably stay on the sidelines there. Gold gained a couple bucks and the XAU was down a half. ABX remained strong and was up a bit on the day. NEM on the other hand was down 80 cents. The relative strength is with ABX. The fact is that the gold shares did not follow the market down as much today as it has in the past. Money is flowing into the gold shares. For whatever reasons. I think there will be money to be made on the calls for the gold shares. Even though they have had quite a nice run here. I will be getting long on any pullback. And who knows? Maybe I'll give GE a try. Mentally I feel OK, plenty of sleep last night. I am a bit concerned about today though. Perhaps there is a triple top on the indices. The overall market was weaker then the Dow today also. The last rally we just had wasn't good on the volume front. I thought we were going to new highs and we still could depending on how the rest of the week plays out. We'll have to see what kind of downside follow through we get tomorrow...

No comments: