Pageviews past week

Friday, July 27, 2007

Another 208 points to the downside today. We are in the fall apart mode. It doesn't happen often and I missed it. We closed on the low of the day. I'd be afraid of Monday at this point. Advance/declines were only 2 to 1 negative and the volume was extremely heavy. I was almost dumb enough to buy some OEX calls today. Didn't do it. It looks like 680 isn't going to hold for the OEX. Gold was down 2 and change. ABX and NEM both dropped about another 3/4. The XAU lost 2 1/2. I own NEM calls during a market meltdown. Probably should have sold them as soon as I bought them. There will be a snap back rally at some point but it might be from such lower levels that it won't matter. The dollar was stronger again today on the GDP and flight to quality so the fundamental picture for gold has changed with regards to the dollar. Earnings next week? Like I said before in an environment like this they probably won't matter. GE was down on good volume. Did I mention that I was looking at the puts? Didn't get any but the weekly chart is now breaking down. The support is around $38 I think and at this rate we'll be through it next week. Mentally I'm trying not to get too down on myself since there is so much time before August expiration and there will be money to be made. Not in anything I'm holding at the moment but for trades down the road. We're in a time for the markets that doesn't happen often. But when it does unless you're on it right away, it's best to just step aside. There are things going on that aren't explained in the charts and the indicators that you normally use. We are deeply oversold and staying there and that means lower prices. The selling will stop at some point but when that point is, who knows? It could be on Monday for all I know but I don't. It will bounce at some point. But for now it's the weekend so I'll try to relax and take a break...

No comments: