Pageviews past week

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Dow came back 76 points today on average volume. Advance/declines were only slightly positive though. But we didn't follow through to the downside and that is a good sign for the bulls. I'm not looking to do anything with the OEX at this point. Gold was off a couple bucks and the XAU was basically unchanged due to strength in FCX. ABX pulled back a little but not enough for me to buy the calls. Volume there was decent. NEM got slammed again, down a buck on heavy volume. I thought we would get through the long term down trend line in NEM after last weeks positive action. But we have come right back down and that line remains in effect. GE was up today, 35 cents on good volume. The July calls did not get cheap enough for me today as we were down in this issue early. I think this is a trade that could work though with the earnings out on Friday. We held today right at the short term up trend line. Perhaps I will get some calls tomorrow but it really isn't my trading style. It would be another short term scalp type of trade. We'll see. Mentally everything is the same. I'm somewhat skeptical of todays rally but with expiration week coming up, the bias is to the upside. The only thing I have a firm conviction for are the gold calls. The rest is just too risky at the moment in my opinion. However that doesn't mean that I won't buy those GE calls tomorrow...

No comments: