Pageviews past week

Monday, March 07, 2005

This blog site continues to disappoint. If for some reason this does not get posted, I am moving. The Dow lost 3 points on light volume. Advance/declines were slightly positive. The market was higher earlier in the day but could not hold on. Perhaps we are due for a rest. I am not sure. Gold was up fractionally but the XAU sold off about a point. We have been turned back at resistance, which is 100 for this index. ABX and NEM were down. It feels like gold is about to roll over. My NEM calls are right back to where I purchased them. The stop-loss is still in place and I think this trade will be a loser. I hope I'm wrong but it looks like the stochastic is about to head down. The is a negative divergence on the RSI with ABX also. If however, we can get through 100 on the XAU, NEM will follow and the calls will be profitable. I'm not sure that will happen though. The dollar was slightly higher today. Weekly trend is still down. Trade number is out on Friday and that seems a long way away today. I don't know if the calls will hold up that long. I don't have any other trades on the horizon and need to do some research to find some new ideas. The COMPQ had a good day today and has been lagging recently. Perhaps it will get moving up again and I could look for something there. But my last trade with INTC was a loser, so I am hesitant to test those waters again. Not much else for today, but gold needs to pick it up here or else.

No comments: