Pageviews past week

Monday, March 14, 2005

Late post today as the Dow was down 30 points. Advance/declines were slightly positive and the volume was Monday light. I wanted to get some calls today, as we are right at an uptrend line. But I didn't. The summation index is still pointing down. But put buying has really increased here, which leads me to believe the market will bounce here. Gold was down $5. The XAU sold off early but came back to be down only a point. NEM and ABX came back as well but both posted losses. The dollar was stronger. I have an order for some NEM calls for March and April. Not sure about these. I will probably cancel the March order tomorrow, there are only 4 days left. The stochastic has rolled over. Perhaps should wait on the April calls also. I'm not sure but the weekly charts still have more room so I'm thinking this is just a pause in the uptrend. Again, I'm not sure. The prudent thing to do here would be to just sit it out this week. I think that is the proper strategy. Maybe I will. Account deficit number is out on Wednesday and could move the dollar. I think Greenspan talks sometime this week also. Kinda tired now. More tomorrow.

No comments: