Pageviews past week

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

A very interesting market. The Dow was down again, this time by 15 points. Volume was extremely heavy again at over 2 billion shares. Advance/declines were over 3 to 1 negative. An oil refinery in Texas blew up today. Can things get any worse? Who would be buying calls in this atmosphere? Me, I guess. I purchased some more GE calls, this time going out to May. I really think that the decline is over right around here. The McClellan oscillator will hit over a minus 300 reading today. This is rare. It defines an extremely oversold market. I doubt we can go much lower here short term. Any bounce and I will probably get out of the GE April calls. I don't know if that trade is going to work. I'd like to get some OEX calls here short term if I had the guts. But I guess I have enough on my mind with GE. Gold was down 5 bucks and all the gold shares got slammed again on heavy volume. The major players are exiting gold here and you just can't fight that. The dollar was higher again and I will wait for it to get to 85 before considering gold again. Unless we break the major gold uptrend lines and then I will simply stay away. This has been a pretty intense week so far and thankfully it will end tomorrow. Perhaps will leave an overnight trade in the OEX.

No comments: