Pageviews past week

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I'm back at this lame site because the one I just signed up for doesn't even have spellcheck. I'll continue to search when I can find the time. The Dow lost over 100 points today on average volume. Advance/declines were over 2 to 1 negative. Important uptrendlines have been broken and the trend is down. That said, we are way oversold here and a bounce is to be expected. I've been saying that for awhile but it will happen in the next 2 days before expiration. Gold was up $3 today and the XAU was up almost a point. Volume was light though and the news today should have spawned a decent gold share rally. I've canceled whatever open orders I had for NEM calls. NEM was actually down today. ABX continues to show relative strength but the technicals are all overbought. The dollar was down today. My thinking at this point is to hopefully sit tight for the rest of this week and perhaps get long gold next week. Next week is a shortened holiday week. I expect volume to be light. There are some inflation reports coming out though. I still think the trend is up for gold but we need a pause here. I could be wrong and often have been. Just trying to stay disciplined at this time. Patience is key but it's hard to do.

No comments: