Pageviews past week

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The Dow lost 55 points on average volume today. Advance/declines were almost 2 to 1 negative. I again wanted to purchase some OEX calls today. We are oversold. But the market closed on its low today and the summation index continues downward. I am lucky I didn't but any calls but I feel we are due for a bounce. I am going to stay out though. 3 days until expiration. Gold didn't move much and neither did the gold shares. I canceled the March order for NEM calls and left in the April one. But I might cancel that one too, depending on where we go from here. I would still like to perhaps take a chance on an expiration play here. Not sure and it would probably be better to just go on out to April at this point. But I'm not ruling anything out. The dollar was slightly higher today. The current account deficit report for the 4th quarter comes out tomorrow. I think it will be a dollar mover but it is too late now and the gold options remained pricey. Getting back to the overall market, I think we broke the uptrend line today and that is not a positive. I might be able to get short if we have a snapback to that line. But some of the signals are mixed. I'm on the sidelines for now, trying to remain disciplined and patient.

No comments: