Pageviews past week

Thursday, March 03, 2005

For whatever reason yesterdays blog did not post. This site is quite disappointing at times. Needless to say yesterdays post was important. I now have a small position in NEM March calls. I chased an intraday move and I think this trade is a loser. NEM was down over a half today with the XAU down over a point. Gold lost more than $2. ABX is showing good relative strength here and if anything, that was the issue to trade on the long side. Today the Dow was up over 20 points on positive advance/declines. Volume was strong again, which is a good sign. Oil was up around $54 and the dollar was slightly stronger. The employment report is out tomorrow and it should be a market mover. Which way is anybodies guess. I do not have a clear signal on the OEX here so no trades there for now. The XAU will have to have a nice up day tomorrow or the trend will have changed I believe. My stop loss order is in but I'm hoping this thing will turn around. Needless to say I could have gotten the NEM calls cheaper if I hadn't been so stupid. It's a humbling game and one that doesn't reward impatience. As always I am working on my trading skills for there is a lot of work there to be done. I will be looking for a different blogging site after yesterdays lost post.

No comments: