Pageviews past week

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I don't think anything will help this market. We were down again, almost 90 points on the Dow. Volume was average and advance/declines were almost 2 to 1 negative. There had to be weakness, even I could see that. There is no inflation according to todays report. If we can't rally on good news there is no hope. After the bell, QCOM guided lower and that will not bode well for tomorrow. EBAY just announced lower numbers also. Trouble. GE was down 50 cents today and I can already tell that I will get killed here. Serves me right. I put too much money into these trades and the earnings on Friday won't matter when we are dropping like this. So it looks like a rerun of last year with huge losses to start the year. Although I was able to come back last year, I am getting tired of the lackluster results that I generate. It is a lot of work and the returns just don't justify all the time that I put in. I think I will take some time off. Although the volume on GE was light, I'm thinking that was more of a lack of interest in the overall market than anything specific about GE. The gold shares were down and the dollar rallied a little. Not much else to say here. All signs point down.

No comments: