Pageviews past week

Friday, January 28, 2005

The Dow was down another 40 points today on average volume. It did make a comeback in the last hour though. Advance/declines were barely negative. It is feeling like a market that wants to turn around and go higher. A lot of possible movement next week with the end of the Iraqi elections, the Fed and the employment report. Gold was down a little, the dollar was slightly higher. The gold shares sold off a tad on again light volume. Still no interest there. We are hold the recent lows. Perhaps a bottom is being formed. The XAU has about 3 1/2 points to go to get to the long term uptrend line. I'm trying to be patient. I almost bought some PFE calls today on another possible bullish chart formation. Like when I tried to do that with Intel last month. And how much did I lose? Didn't do it today and preservation of capital comes to mind. Discipline, patience can't be stressed enough. I will do a gold trade if it sets up for me. Would have liked to get long the OEX today also but did not. We'll let the weekend pass and take it from there.

No comments: