Pageviews past week

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Big down day. Dow off about 100 points on heavy volume. Advance/declines over 3 to 1 negative. Down volume swamped up volume. It is either the blow-off end of this decline or the start of a good decline. We are oversold here for sure. I dumped the Intel calls I had for a 50% loss. Should have sold them last week. Intel was down again today. The earnings come out next week but I don't think even that would save this trade. I thought I saw something there but I was wrong. Not a lot of money in that trade so I can live with it. GE got slammed today as well, down over 40 cents. Most of the calls I have are under water there as well. This is turning into a difficult period for me. My original idea of how the year would start has proven to be wrong. I think a bounce is due and when it comes I am going to have to decide what to do with all those GE calls. A lot of money is at stake here. GE is also oversold but as you know sometimes stocks can just stay oversold. Stay tuned. Gold was only down a buck but the gold shares tumbled. NEM and ABX have now broken multi-week uptrend lines. I'm staying away from them for now. Microsoft was the only issue on my screen that held up today. Summation index pointing down and that's not a good sign. Should be oversold though. But it's trouble.

No comments: