Pageviews past week

Monday, January 31, 2005

The market rose around 62 points today, breaking a multi-week downtrend line. Advance/declines were 3 to 1 positive and the volume was average. Todays action should turn the summation index upwards. Are we out of the woods here? Could be. But it is the end of the month. Technically it looks like the decline has ended. Gold was down over $5 today. The XAU was only down fractionally. I bought some March ABX calls. We have reached the lower end of the Bollinger band. I have a stop-loss order in to limit the loss if my timing is off. It could be. We are oversold on the technicals for gold and at least a bounce could be in order. Don't know. The dollar was slightly weaker today. Employment report at the end of the week. Possible beginning of the month inflows for the market tomorrow. Tough game to play. I almost bought some OEX puts at the downtrend line today. However I did not, probably because I had already been filled on the ABX order. We'll see what happens.

No comments: