Pageviews past week

Monday, January 10, 2005

The Dow bounced a bit today, up 27 points. Advance/declines were positive and the volume was average. We have worked off the short term oversold condition and I fear we will be heading lower. I hope I'm wrong. GE was down again and cannot gain any traction. My calls, the bulk of them, are losers. Here too, I fear that there will be no bounce or sustained move to the upside. The technical indicators for GE remain oversold and that is not a good sign. With the summation index still trending down and the market not being able to hold its gains, we are in trouble. Unless there is a catalyst form out of the blue, this market is heading lower. Although one of my intermediate term indicators is about to flash a buy signal, I don't think it will be enough to save the GE calls. Gold shares bounced around but really didn't go anywhere. My focus is on GE though. That's where my money is. There are 8 days until expiration and 7 days until the earnings announcement. I allocated too much to this trade and that was a mistake. For whatever reason, trades like this rarely work out. Once in a while they do but usually they don't. Tomorrow should be interesting but I think it won't be good...

No comments: