Pageviews past week

Monday, January 03, 2005

Happy New Year. The Dow lost over 50 points today on good volume. Advance/declines were almost 3 to 1 negative. I don't like it. I had expected a nice rise from the start today and it lasted about 5 minutes. The summation index has probably rolled over and is heading down after todays action. Intel lost 30 cents, the options are losers. I put in a sell order and it wasn't filled. Intel is around $23 and I have the $25 calls. Ain't gonna happen. I should have taken the loss last week. But I believed in my scenario and now that scenario is not going to play out. Intel is right on the moving average line and would need to go up good tomorrow for any chance to get out even. Not gonna happen. GE held in there and was up a couple cents. But it too will fall with the market and I must decide what to do there as well. Earnings come out on the last day of expiration. Oh my. I certainly don't expect a total collapse from here but I am not happy with todays results. Some short term stuff will be moving to oversold. But who knows? I guess I'll at least be waiting for the employment report on Friday. Gold got hammered today, down over $8. The XAU and the gold shares got clocked. Some issues are about to take out multi-week uptrend lines. If that happens, look out. I will check the charts again on NEM and ABX. Gold itself is right at an uptrend line also. The dollar was higher today. Pfizer was down, not looking to do anything there. It's just the first day of the year but it isn't how I pictured it to be. Sometimes making the adjustments to market conditions are the toughest things to do. The game isn't easy. If I have any brain in my head, I should dump the Intel calls before they are worthless and watch GE like a hawk. One never knows...

No comments: