Pageviews past week

Monday, January 24, 2005

The market continues down. The Dow lost 25 points on negative advance/declines. Volume was average. We closed at the low of the day. A bounce is due. A rally is due. But none has come. The recap of my most recent trades is as follows. 100% losses in half of them. 55% losses in the other half. What a way to start the year. Obviously changes must be made. It is up to me to make them. My emphasis must shift from huge gains to protecting capital. It is the way for now. I have no other choice. I cannot continue to bankrupt my mind with lousy trading tactics. The money doesn't matter as much as the emotional upheaval. That is the truth. It sucks to start out in the hole but that is my fault. Gold did not move much today but the gold stocks were down. ABX was the exception. I'm looking for a trade there but will have to be patient. The charts do not favor anything at the moment. GE was up today but not much. I'm thinking of getting long the OEX if it continues down tomorrow. There will be a short term signal if that occurs. But most of all I am trying to keep it together after devastating losses. My mind needs to be cleared out to be able to trade successfully again. I am working on it. It is always a work in progress. Discipline must be adhered to. There is no other way. Tough game.

No comments: