Pageviews past week

Monday, May 24, 2004

Mixed signals on a light volume monday. The Dow was down a few points. Opened higher went lower and meandered about. The advance/declines were highly favorable, over 2 to 1. But the market couldn't get going. Up volume was 3 to 1 over down volume. If good internals can't get this thing going, what will? Higher McClellan Oscillator readings yet no upside in price. I'll have to sit it out for now on the OEX. Gold did not move much today, however the XAU rallied at the close as did NEM. Now I have a dilemma. Was the bounce off the weekly uptrendline it? Meaning once we hit that line there is no way to go but up? Will prices simply take off with no pullback? It is getting overbought but will it stay there? Should I simply buy some calls now? These are the things that make it difficult. This is why it is a most challenging game to play. There are no set answers. There is no exact strategy. How can it be done? Patience and discipline can go a long way to solving these mysteries. On gold as on the OEX, I should sit it out this week. Observe and get ready for a good signal if one comes up. It also would give me time to look at some other possibilities with different stocks and indices. That's what I should do. Time will tell what I actually do...

No comments: