Pageviews past week

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Crazy day. Cray-zee. Dow up big early, over 100 points. I had put in an order for calls overnight but it wasn't filled so I canceled it. Market hangs around and then starts falling. Ends up the day down 30. I thought about buying some calls when it approached a short-term uptrend line. But I didn't. And it just kept on dropping. Gold was up $7. XAU and NEM up big for the first part of the day. My options on NEM had almost tripled at one point midway through the day. But then they started to drop. And NEM went further down. Like the idiot I am I just sat there lamenting how much they were worth an hour ago. And sat there as they went all the way back to the price I bought them. The agony and the pain. What kind of dope would do that? There are 2 freakin' days left on these things. A decent profit goes up in thin air. How could I be so stupid? Everything was going the trades way and I just let it slip away. They closed with a small gain but did I do the prudent thing and get out? Of course not and now I still have them with 2 days to go. With a reversal on the candlestick staring me in the face. I must be a moron. Really, I need to just get out of this thing, stop torturing my brain and move on. If I can't take a decent profit, when these things are about to expire, then when can I? What an idiot. If there is any kind of upmove tomorrow, I have to bail out. But then again, I said that yesterday...

No comments: