Pageviews past week

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Back to the upside today as the Dow gained 225 points on heavy volume.  The advance/declines were 2 to 1 positive.  I have the flu again and did not get out of bed to take advantage of picking up some SPY calls this morning.  I did place an overnight order for the SPY calls but it was not filled.  That fact that we held at around the 2000 level again in the S&P 500 leads me to believe that calls are in order.  However if we were to drop below that level and stay there, I would change my mind.  Perhaps there will a chance to buy some calls tomorrow.  GE was up 1/4 and the volume was good.  Gold fell $30 on the futures as the US dollar was only slightly higher.  The gold shares held up batter as the XAU lost only 1 1/3, while GDX fell 1/3.  It's possible that the gold long trade is over for now.  Mentally I'm feeling OK, physically not so good.  I'm going to cut things short today since I am ill.  Bottom line, I'm looking for SPY February calls on weakness.  I'm going to get some rest and we'll see how things go on the GDP report tomorrow morning. 

No comments: