Pageviews past week

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

European worries are back on center stage as the Dow fell 160 points on light volume.  The advance/declines were 6 to 1 negative.  Headline risk remains the variable here for trading.  The economic data out today in the US was weak but everything seems to take a back seat to Europe.  Know the trading environment and act accordingly.  I am still of the belief that we are not on the verge of some type of major market collapse here.  I could be wrong and often am.  GE was off 1/3 on average volume.  I'll probably be getting some July calls here if we work our way back to around $18.50.  No rush to purchase at the moment.  Gold was higher on safe haven buying, with the futures up about $15.  The US dollar was up as well as it continues to set new highs not seen since 2010.  The XAU was off 1/3.  AB and GG had slight gains while NEM had a fractional loss.  Volume was a little less than average.  My open order for the ABX June calls wasn't filled and I'm leaving it out there.  I'm also still a believer in the gold shares for now due to the uncertain conditions around the globe.  But anything can and will happen.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  The summation index has probably turned back down with todays market action.  We could just be forming a bottom in this this indicator and that is what I suspect is happening.  However we are at risk of some kind of event that hasn't been discounted yet.  Interesting times but we're only concerned with how to trade for profit.  There's nothing wrong with waiting things out on the sidelines as well.  Money needs a place to go and I think that gold will be supported here as a place to hide for now.  That's why I'm continuing to try and buy the June calls for ABX.  We'll see what happens.     

No comments: