Pageviews past week

Monday, June 06, 2011

We started the week on a down note as the Dow lost 61 points on average volume. The advance/declines were about 4 to 1 negative. Summation index heading lower. Oversold here and we are due for some type of bounce. If we get it, that will be the time to buy some puts in my opinion. However at the rate we are going, it is hard to see any upside coming. The technicals are oversold but I still feel that playing the downside on a bounce is the way to go. We'll see. GE fell 1/3 on good volume. GE is about at its 200 day moving average. No trades in mind there. Gold was up $5 today and the XAU fell 4 1/4. ABX down 1/3, GG fell 3/4 and NEM dropped 1 1/3. Volume was good to average. The US dollar rose today in the flight to safety. The Gold/XAU ratio is again at a screaming buy and has been on a buy signal for weeks. However this signal hasn't really worked lately. Therefore I'm hesitant to put on a long trade here. Gold itself is about to hit an all time high but the gold shares are nowhere near their highs. So despite the buy signal, I'm wary. Mentally I'm feeling tired, did not sleep well. I have decided that the next attempt at a trade for me will be some OEX puts. I will need to see a snap back first. I intend on holding the position until the Friday of expiration next week. That is the plan for now. The tone and tenor of the stock indices have changed. Lower is now the trend until further notice.

No comments: