Pageviews past week

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Back to the downside today as the Dow lost 80 points on light volume. The advance/declines were negative. We hung around the unchanged level for most of the day until the Fed announcement. That's when the decline began. I suppose traders didn't like what the Fed had to say or not say. Now we will have to see if this is the beginning of something bigger or just a pause to refresh before heading higher. I don't think that this is the start of a huge decline. I may change my mind about that when we reach the resistance in the S&P 500. That level as of now is 1325. GE fell 1/4 on light volume. Still above the 200 day moving average. We've been in a congestion zone here for the last 2 1/2 weeks. Gold gained $7 but fell in the aftermarket after the Fed. The XAU rose 1 1/2 but was higher early. ABX up 1/2, GG gained a buck and NEM rose 3/4. Volume was good here. The gold shares also fell back with the overall market. The US dollar rose on the Fed and that did not help the precious metal. I still have the order in for the ABX July calls but I'll be considering canceling it overnight. Perhaps this 2 day rally in ABX will be all we get from the RSI buy signal. That is the question. Mentally I'm feeling OK but could have slept more. The markets negative reaction to the Fed has thrown a little wrench into the recent up move. We're not overbought or oversold on the technicals at this point in time. I'm going to have to rethink things tonight, go over the charts and take it from there.

No comments: