Pageviews past week

Monday, June 13, 2011

A little back and forth today as the Dow gained a point on light volume. The advance/declines were negative. Summation index still heading down. If I had to guess, I'd say tomorrow will be an up day for a change. My work suggests that. Oversold here and staying there but that doesn't mean that we won't see a bounce. I didn't like the OEX option prices so I didn't take a position in the calls today. We'll see what happens tomorrow. GE didn't do much on light volume but is holding at the 200 day moving average for now. I believe that this is important for the overall market as well. If the 200 day holds we could see something better than a bounce near term. Time will tell. Gold was down around $15 today and the XAU fell 2 1/4. ABX and NEM dropped around 1/4, while GG fell a buck. Volume was light. The US dollar was lower today and that didn't help gold either. The head and shoulders top in GG looks valid. The measuring objective there would be around $38. That's quite a drop from where we are now. We'll see. No trades in gold for now. Mentally I'm feeling OK. Would have liked to get some OEX calls again today but didn't like the premiums. Only 4 days to go for the June option cycle. Risk is high. Some inflation data out later this week. It looks like I'll have to wait and see what happens tomorrow go from there. Perhaps there will be a chance to try the OEX puts later in the week.

No comments: