Pageviews past week

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Back to the downside with a vengeance today as the Dow set a fresh new low. We lost 179 points on good volume. The advance/declines were over 4 to 1 negative. Well, so much for my theory that we'd seen the lows for this move. At this point I'm beginning to get the feeling that anything could happen. And I don't mean that in a good way if you're bullish. Summation index continuing lower. Todays action negates the bullish candlestick patterns of yesterday. The technicals are oversold and staying there on the stock indices and that isn't a good thing. GE is back at its 200 day moving average after losing 1/4 on good volume. I'd keep an eye on this issue here. If we break the 200 day, the market could be in bigger trouble. We'll see. Gold gained a couple of bucks and 5 more in the aftermarket as of right now. The dollar had a huge day to the upside as fear has taken its grip on the players. The precious metal is being viewed as a lesser safe haven at the moment. The XAU fell a point. ABX was flat, while GG and NEM had fractional gains on average volume. I think that there will indeed be a time to get long the gold shares. However I don't feel that the time is now. Mentally I'm doing as best that I can. 2 days left for the June cycle and I don't see myself taking any chances at this rate. I was at the dentist again today and that interrupted my already skewed market schedule. As I've said in the past, if you can't put forth the proper effort to be successful, don't even waste your time. We'll see how the rest of this week plays out and take it from there.

No comments: