Pageviews past week

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Everything changed today as the Dow got hammered, losing 279 points on good volume. The advance/declines were 4 to 1 negative. There was no apparent reason for the sell-off. The economic data was weak but that shouldn't cause a decline such as this. Something is going on behind the scenes once again. The S&P 500 daily candlestick chart now shows a bearish belt hold pattern. The trend has quickly shifted to the downside. I'm on the sidelines for now with regards to the OEX. GE lost 1/2 on good volume. Looks like the downside breakout in the GE trading pattern was a signal of things to come. Gold gained $6 on the futures, while the XAU fell 4 1/8. Gold held up rather well today. The US dollar gained some ground today. ABX, GG and NEM all had losses of at least 1/2 on good volume. I'm not sure about the gold shares here. Still short term overbought. I'll think it over tonight. Mentally I'm a bit tired. Also my daily market routine will be altered for the next 2 1/2 months due to a scheduling conflict. There is nothing that I can do about that but make the adjustments. That I will do. More importantly is the question, where do we go from here? It certainly looks like the answer is lower. How low and what is really going on is the mystery of the moment. I'm sure things will become apparent in due time. For now it's on to Thursday.

No comments: