Pageviews past week

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It's a 3 day winning streak as the Dow gained 72 points on better volume. The advance/declines were over 2 to 1 positive. It's got the feel of something real as we head higher. Summation index heading upwards. We are getting closer to the resistance zone. I've put in an open order for some OEX puts, adjusting the price for the distance remaining to resistance. At the rate we're going, we'll be at the resistance tomorrow. But nothing goes up forever. I'm not exactly sure this is the right trade to do however I'm going to leave it out there for now. GE gained another 1/8 on light volume. We have moved back above the 200 day moving average line here. No trades in GE for now. Gold mover higher by $10 today and the XAU rose 4 1/8. ABX was up about 1 1/4, while GG and NEM climbed 3/4. Volume was light. The US dollar was weaker again today. Perhaps the gold shares are the trade to do now, I certainly don't know. Uncertainty is not conducive to successful trading. I'll think things over tonight about gold. Mentally I'm doing OK. It certainly looks like the S&P 500 has put in a double bottom with the market movement this week. The measuring objective would take us right up to the resistance line at approximately 1320. I'm going to try the puts there and that is why I have the open order in. However the market at this juncture has the feel that it wants to go higher and probably through the resistance. That would lead to a retest of the highs from the beginning of May. We'll have to see how we go from here. End of the month tomorrow. Gold has started an oversold bounce in my opinion because of the weakness so far this week in the US dollar. I think the weakness in the dollar is also helping the stock indices. How long this continues is the question. I'll be trying to figure out the answer.

No comments: