Pageviews past week

Monday, June 20, 2011

It was a light volume levitation today as the Dow gained 76 points. Advance/declines were positive. Not much to make of todays action really. The stock index technicals are still oversold and it appears that we are trying to put in a bottom. Summation index still heading down though. We've got the Fed this week, with the announcement on Wednesday. We'll see what happens there. GE was flat on light volume as we continue to hover at the 200 day moving average. I am keeping an eye on what happens with GE here. Gold was up a couple of bucks while the US dollar drifted. The XAU gained 1/3. ABX was flat, GG up 7/8 and NEM rose 1/4. Volume was light. I placed an order for some ABX July calls. I'm leaving the order in overnight. I guess that I'm going to try the gold shares here for a bounce. GG saw some upwards movement today but ABX lagged. I'm not exactly sure this trade is the right move. The technicals are oversold but they have been for a couple of weeks. If the overall market falls again, the gold shares will follow. There is a positive divergence on the RSI indicator for ABX. I'm also thinking that the Fed announcement could be bullish for gold on a weaker US dollar. That is a guess and I certainly could be wrong there. Mentally I'm feeling OK. Another concern here for putting on a trade is that tomorrow is the beginning of summer. Summertime can in some instances be very slow. The summer doldrums. If that occurs trading options becomes even that much more difficult due to lack of movement.

No comments: