Pageviews past week

Monday, March 09, 2009

The malaise continues as the Dow lost 80 points on average volume. Advance/declines were over 2 to 1 negative. Not a lot of news this week and there is really no reason to get excited about stocks here. We are oversold and the McClellan oscillator is where it should bounce. But none of this means much lately. No trades in the OEX for me here. Gold got whacked, down $25. The XAU lost 4 points. ABX, GG and NEM all lost around a buck or more. The volume was light though. That's the only thing that kept me from taking the loss on the GG calls trade. Maybe tomorrow. I should have been out early Friday morning. Hindsight is always correct. But it doesn't do much for me now. We'll see how it plays out because the weekly chart is what kept me in the trade. GE managed a gain on heavy volume and that could be a signal that we are going to turn things around here with regards to the overall market. We'll see. Mentally I'm feeling better, not sick anymore. I'm running out of time on the GG calls trade and at this point it looks like another loser for 2009. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: