Pageviews past week

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Continuing higher as the Dow gained 240 points on average volume. Advance/declines were 8 to 1 positive. Cover those shorts. The McClellan oscillator will move into positive territory after todays action. It should turn around the summation index. I'm sticking with the prognosis that the decline is over for now. So I guess it is time to trade from the long side if the opportunity presents itself. Getting short term overbought here though and I haven't mentioned that condition for quite some time. Gold was up around $15 and the XAU rose 4 1/2. Did I bail out of the GG calls at the wrong time? Well, yes but that doesn't make them profitable now. They are too far out of the money with very little time to go. ABX was up 1 1/2, GG up 60 cents and NEM added about a buck. Volume was nothing special. I must say that the weekly charts for the gold shares still look very positive here. It is a dilemma here for me. Perhaps I will try the April calls in the gold shares after all. I'll mull it over this weekend. March is historically the worst month for gold. So it's risky. GE had another great day, up over a buck on very heavy volume. Certainly missed out on that trade. Mentally I'm a bit tired again, restless sleep. I'm trying not to do anything stupid here but you never know. 6 days left in the March cycle. I don't think the market will just run up into the expiration but who knows? We were very oversold. We'll see how the week ends up.

No comments: