Pageviews past week

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

An explosion to the upside as the Dow gained 379 points on average volume. Advance/declines were 8 to 1 positive. This is what everyone has been waiting months for. It has been way overdue. It's not the beginning of a new bull market but the lows set here should hold for a while. I will say that it is the end of the decline for now. The S&P 500 has had what looks like a classic 1 2 3 4 5 pattern or ABCDE decline. It will take some time for a real bottom to form. Months if not over a year or so. But it's all just a guess. The market will go where it wants. Gold lost over $20 again today and the XAU lost 5 1/2. ABX and GG were off around 1 3/4, while NEM fell 2 3/4. Volume was heavy and picked up to the downside. My GG calls died and I sold them for an 85% loss. I blew it on this trade since they were profitable at one point. I was sick, didn't get up early when I needed to and suffered the consequences. I knew they were dead yesterday and yet again failed to just take the loss. It's the sidelines for me now as punishment. Not to mention that I have had a horrendous start to the trading year and readjustments must be made. Mentally I'm doing as well as can be expected. GE had a banner day, up almost 1 1/2 on heavy volume. Perhaps it was foretelling todays action by holding up rather well the past few days. Again, hindsight. It does nothing for me now. So it's back to the drawing board and I have no real ideas going forward. 8 days remaining in the March option cycle. Hopefully I'll stay flat.

No comments: