Pageviews past week

Monday, March 23, 2009

An explosive rally on the heels of the bank toxic asset program release as the Dow soared 497 points on average volume. Advance/declines were 8 to 1 positive. We have broken the resistance and are moving higher. Summation index moving higher. Is the bear market over? Maybe but I doubt it. It is more than a short term rally though so we'll see how far it goes. Gold lost a few bucks and sold off in the aftermarket. The XAU gained 1 1/2. ABX was off 1/3, GG was flat and NEM rose 40 cents. The volume was lighter than we've seen lately. I still want some gold share calls for April and that is the next play that I am looking for. We are overbought there and if we get a decline here, I will be getting long. I'll probably try GG again. GE had a good day, up around a buck on good volume. No trades there for now. Mentally I'm feeling OK. The April option cycle has begun with a bang to the upside. The premiums are expensive. There's no hurry to trade here but you still have to keep an eye on things. I'd expect some follow through to the upside tomorrow. So I'll be watching the gold shares and waiting for an opportunity to get long.

No comments: