Pageviews past week

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Dow rose 180 points today on average volume. Advance/declines were over 2 to 1 positive. Where are all the sellers? Could it be that we are sold out? Who knows? Are we going to new highs? The summation index is still pointing upwards. You can't argue with that. Gold was up over $8 today. It is starting to look like a straight line up. That won't go on forever. ABX was up 60 cents and NEM was up over a dollar both on decent volume. These stocks are due for a rest. I will be looking to get the puts here as they build a top. When NEM starts to outperform ABX a short term top is near. That has played itself out in the past. I will get long any pullback though as this breakout is for real I believe. GE was up 35 cents on average volume. Perhaps the calls there should have already been purchased. Mentally I'm feeling OK. My thinking at this point is to let the market run up a bit more here and then short it. That's a guess. More likely we are making a bottoming pattern and the market will be at new highs sometime in October. I could be wrong. The market will do what everyone least expects it to. No one is calling for new highs. So there is a chance that is exactly what happens. But for now there is the September expiration to deal with. We have been moving sideways. If the market was going to drop more then it already has, it would have already. That's my guess at the moment. I do not have any clear short term signals at the moment. There's always tomorrow.

No comments: